Base System Includes:
Control Unit, 5 ea. Mics, Cables
1 ea. DDS-CCU Control Unit with Power Supply
5 ea. DDS-5980P Portable Microphone Base with Speaker
5 ea. 16" Gooseneck Microphone
1 ea. 50' Cable
4 ea. 7' Cable
Digital Discussion System enables participants to hear each other clearly, across the room or across the country.
- Each participant can have their own microphone
- Each microphone can be designated as a "Chairman" or a Delegate
- Operates as stand-alone audio system or can connect to external AV equipment or videoconferencing systems.
The Shure DDS-5900 series benefits:
- Fully digital audio transmission
- Control of up to 250 discussion units
- Up to 32 units can be configured as interpreter units
- 2 language interpretation channels
- Up to 8 simultaneous open microphones
- Support for 4 microphone operation modes: Automatic, FIFO, Manual and VOX (Voice activation)
- 'Auto Off' of microphones
- TCP/IP Ethernet connection for external control
- DCS-LAN connection by use of shielded CAT5e cabling
- Web browser interface for easy setup of system parameters
- Discussion unit configurable as chairman, delegate or interpreter unit
- Choice of button overlays for discussion unit
- Scrambled audio to prevent eavesdropping
Conference Microphone Systems are an integrated network of microphones that are powered, organized and controlled by a CPU (Central Processing Unit).
These systems are excellent for most settings where several individuals need access to microphones in order to be heard by either an audience, or the other participants within the discussion group. Common uses are Board Meetings, Q&A Panels, Review Groups
Additional common names for Conference Systems: (The Word “Systems” may sometimes be replaced with “Mics” or “Microphones” )
- Delegate / Chairman Systems
- Discussion Systems
Designated “Chairman” Microphone(s) which have the ability to override or mute the other microphones. This feature is useful when there are time constraints to be administered, the need to arbitrate, or simply to manage overly verbose participants.
A Central Processing Unit capable of managing a very large number of microphones (even hundreds) without the need need for a large mixing console, power outlets, and long cables from every microphone to a mixing console. The System behaves similar to a computer network, with each microphone identified and Managed from within the CPU – typically as an automated function and requiring little or no human involvement except for very large complex installations (plug-and-play).
Daisy Chain Cables link all of the microphones together. These cables need only be long enough to reach from one microphone to the next allowing for less clutter and hazards. The interlinking of the microphones also creates a “network” of microphones allowing for moer sophisticated control of things such as how many people can speak simultaneously, and who has “Chairman” controls.
Push-to-Talk – Each microphone has a button which will activate the microphone when the person wishes to be heard, and deactivate or “mute” the microphone when not in use.
Intercom Speakers as well as headphone jacks are located in the base of each microphone allowing each participant to hear what the other speakers are saying even without additional PA or audio systems. This is a very popular feature in large discussion forums such the United Nations. Translators may also be inserted into the system for user selection.
Shure DDS 5900
FHM Audio Visual relies on the industry standard - Shure DDS 5900 Conference systems.
Each system comes with a central control box - the DDS-CCU and the DDS-5980P portable Discussion Mic Base with 16" goose neck microphone (quantity specified by the customer). Also included are enough cables to connect the microphone system.
Each Microphone in the system has a built in speaker. No additional equipment is required. Should additional amplification or audio distribution be desired (for instance a large listening audience or live streaming to the web) the system has industry standard output connections for your audio console our house system.
Need help? No worries! We can walk you thru the connections via phone or Skype - or send a friendly tech with the equipment to ensure the best possible user experience.
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
Rule number one is that we want to take care of you. If there is any problem with your order or with the service provided we want to make it right. We give you a full 30 days from the time of shipping! If you are dissatisfied with any FHM Audio Visual Inc Purchase you may return it for a refund , an in-house credit, or exchange for a more suitable product. .If your purchase was eligible for free shipping, the shipping cost will be deducted from your credit or refund.
If you believe you’ve received a defective product, contact us by phone 888-788-9775 or email Or, you can simply complete our online support request form. We will help you ascertain if the equipment is in fact defective, and if it is, we will provide you with an RMA number (Return Merchandise Authorization). If we determine the unit failed under warranty within 30 days of purchase we will even pay the shipping costs (within the contiguous United Stages).Be sure to clearly write your RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number on any shipping labels and written material provided.
To avoid any delays or value adjustments be sure to follow these procedures:
- Include the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number
- Do not write on the original box
- Item must be in like-new condition
- Item must be in the complete original packaging
- Be sure to return all accessories that were originally included
- Be sure to return all literature that was originally included — manuals, warranty card, etc. — must be returned in new condition
- Place the merchandise – in it’s original packaging – into an appropriate Shipping box.
- Use standard packing tape — no duct tape
- Affix shipping label with RMA number
FHM Audio Visual Inc
8320 Louetta Rd
Spring, TX 77379
Standard Shipping Policy
Many of our items ship free of charge. If your order does not qualify for free shipping you will find our discounte shipping rates to be most affordable. During checkout, your charges (if any) will be calculated and displayed for your approval. You will have several options from which to choose:
- UPS Ground 1-5 Business Days Delivery based on distance to destination
- UPS 3 Day Select® 3 Business Days Delivery by end of day
- UPS 2nd Day Air® 2 Business Days Delivery typically by end of day
- UPS Next Day Air® Next Business Day Delivery typically by 3:00 pm.
- US Priority Mail – For smaller items. Typically 2-3 days
Large/Heavy items requiring a freight carrier will be determined by the option best suited to the customer’s requirements. Please feel free to call us at 281-251-8100 to discuss freight options
Free Shipping Policy
Certain orders shall qualify for free freight. Items qualifying for free freight shall fall under the following terms and conditions:
- Free Shipping may not be combined with other special offers unless expressly stated in the offer.
- Free Shipping offer is available in the contiguous United States only. Orders shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, or international addresses do not qualify.
- Free Shipping may not apply to special orders. Ask your representative.
- Lightweight items may be shipped via the United States Postal Service and normally arrives within 2 to 3 days. Heavier items ship via UPS Ground. Delivery times range from one to five days, depending upon the distance to the destination.
- Free Shipping may not apply to some over-sized or heavy products.
- Free Shipping may not be combined with other offers or discounts.
- RETURNS – shipping charges shall be deducted from any refund.
FHM Audio Visual Inc is happy to ship to any location to which we are allowed by law. Some manufacturers do have restrictions on international shipping to which we are required to comply. Please call us at (281) 251-8100 or contact us by email at for information specific to your needs.
Exchange and Return Policy
Rule number one is that we want to take care of you and your ministry. If there is any problem with your order or with the service provided we want to make it right. We give you a full 30 days from the time of shipping! If you are dissatisfied with any FHM Audio Visual Inc Purchase you may return it for a refund , an in-house credit, or exchange for a more suitable product. .If your purchase was eligible for free shipping, the shipping cost will be deducted from your credit or refund.
RENT ME / BUY ME
FHM Audio Visual, Inc. is always happy to sell equipment as well as rent it.
Our "Rent me Buy me" business model keeps our rental equipment new and fresh by selling and replacing the equipment while it is still under warranty and in excellent condition (whenever possible).
You may just purchase the equipment outright, or you may decide to keep it after your rental period, and apply 75% of your rental to the purchase price.
Would you like to purchase the equipment brand new? We have excellent pricing on equipment for all of the brands we represent. Just contact us for a quote.