Budget Dual Channel UHF
This system is 2 complete and independent wireless systems in a single unit.
1 handheld + 1 bodypack
Shure BLX® Wireless Systems combine professional-quality sound with simple setup and an intuitive interface for legendary audio performance right out of the box. Precision-built and available in a variety of configurations, it’s the most accessible way to own the stage.
Includes BLX88 Dual-channel receiver, Choice of handheld and or bodypack transmitters, and power supply.
• Up to 12 compatible systems per frequency band (region dependent)
• Microprocessor-controlled internal antenna diversity
• One-touch QuickScan frequency selection quickly locates the best frequency
• 1/4" and XLR audio outputs
• Two color audio status indicator LED Additional BLX4R features:
• Adjustable output level
Wireless Microphone Basics
There are two basic types of Wireless Microphones
Bodypack Transmitters are Used for Lavaliere or “Lapel” Mics, Earset Headworn Mics and also Instrument Cables
Lavaliere Microphones, often called “Lapel Mics” or “Clip-On Mics” are a very popular form factor for presenters and public speakers who want the ability to move above with their hands free.
Lavalieres are excellent for situations requiring “invisible” microphones. These also work well for novice / occasional presenters who are uncomfortable with holding a microphone in their hand or wearing something on their head.
The down side to Lavalieres is that they are more prone to feedback and typically provide less signal then a Handheld or Earset. Having said that – a good sound engineer with the right equipment should have no problem implementing a Lavaliere mic.
Earset or Microboom Mics
Earset or MicroBoom microphonesare often referred to as “Countryman Mics” after Carl Countryman , one of the early innovators of the technology - he was also President and Chief Engineer of Countryman & Associates of Menlo Park, California. These microphones clip to either one ear or both, and typically offer a much better signal that Lavaliere mics simply due to the closer proximity to the speakers mouth.
Earset mics are excellent for public speaking as well as theatrical performances. There even models designed to work well for robust singing voices.
The down side to Earset mics is getting used to something “hanging from your ear”. There is a tendency to want to reach up and touch it to make sure it is still there correctly.
Handheld Transmitters are used for the traditional Microphone style.
Handheld Transmitters provide the most wide-ranging assortment of applications. The nature and design make them the easiest to use by the “Do it Yourself” person or beginner sound engineer. There are a wide variety Microphone “Elements” available. The element is the end of the microphone, usually round or conical . (in the image above it is silver in color) Different elements work better for different applications. Handheld Transmitters work best when held directly ion front of the mount or sound hole of the thing being amplified – rather than off to the side or hanging down at the waist.
Handheld Transmitters are excellent for any application. They are the easiest to use without feedback, and are very efficient in situations where the microphone will be shared by multiple users (passed around).
The down side to Handheld Transmitters is that they are bulkier and are not easily concealed. Also the benefit of the handheld mic can be negated if the person does not hold it in the correct position.,
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
Rule number one is that we want to take care of you. If there is any problem with your order or with the service provided we want to make it right. We give you a full 30 days from the time of shipping! If you are dissatisfied with any FHM Audio Visual Inc Purchase you may return it for a refund , an in-house credit, or exchange for a more suitable product. .If your purchase was eligible for free shipping, the shipping cost will be deducted from your credit or refund.
If you believe you’ve received a defective product, contact us by phone 888-788-9775 or email Or, you can simply complete our online support request form. We will help you ascertain if the equipment is in fact defective, and if it is, we will provide you with an RMA number (Return Merchandise Authorization). If we determine the unit failed under warranty within 30 days of purchase we will even pay the shipping costs (within the contiguous United Stages).Be sure to clearly write your RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number on any shipping labels and written material provided.
To avoid any delays or value adjustments be sure to follow these procedures:
- Include the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number
- Do not write on the original box
- Item must be in like-new condition
- Item must be in the complete original packaging
- Be sure to return all accessories that were originally included
- Be sure to return all literature that was originally included — manuals, warranty card, etc. — must be returned in new condition
- Place the merchandise – in it’s original packaging – into an appropriate Shipping box.
- Use standard packing tape — no duct tape
- Affix shipping label with RMA number
FHM Audio Visual Inc
8320 Louetta Rd
Spring, TX 77379
Standard Shipping Policy
Many of our items ship free of charge. If your order does not qualify for free shipping you will find our discounte shipping rates to be most affordable. During checkout, your charges (if any) will be calculated and displayed for your approval. You will have several options from which to choose:
- UPS Ground 1-5 Business Days Delivery based on distance to destination
- UPS 3 Day Select® 3 Business Days Delivery by end of day
- UPS 2nd Day Air® 2 Business Days Delivery typically by end of day
- UPS Next Day Air® Next Business Day Delivery typically by 3:00 pm.
- US Priority Mail – For smaller items. Typically 2-3 days
Large/Heavy items requiring a freight carrier will be determined by the option best suited to the customer’s requirements. Please feel free to call us at 281-251-8100 to discuss freight options
Free Shipping Policy
Certain orders shall qualify for free freight. Items qualifying for free freight shall fall under the following terms and conditions:
- Free Shipping may not be combined with other special offers unless expressly stated in the offer.
- Free Shipping offer is available in the contiguous United States only. Orders shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, or international addresses do not qualify.
- Free Shipping may not apply to special orders. Ask your representative.
- Lightweight items may be shipped via the United States Postal Service and normally arrives within 2 to 3 days. Heavier items ship via UPS Ground. Delivery times range from one to five days, depending upon the distance to the destination.
- Free Shipping may not apply to some over-sized or heavy products.
- Free Shipping may not be combined with other offers or discounts.
- RETURNS – shipping charges shall be deducted from any refund.
FHM Audio Visual Inc is happy to ship to any location to which we are allowed by law. Some manufacturers do have restrictions on international shipping to which we are required to comply. Please call us at (281) 251-8100 or contact us by email at for information specific to your needs.
Exchange and Return Policy
Rule number one is that we want to take care of you and your ministry. If there is any problem with your order or with the service provided we want to make it right. We give you a full 30 days from the time of shipping! If you are dissatisfied with any FHM Audio Visual Inc Purchase you may return it for a refund , an in-house credit, or exchange for a more suitable product. .If your purchase was eligible for free shipping, the shipping cost will be deducted from your credit or refund.
RENT ME / BUY ME
FHM Audio Visual, Inc. is always happy to sell equipment as well as rent it.
Our "Rent me Buy me" business model keeps our rental equipment new and fresh by selling and replacing the equipment while it is still under warranty and in excellent condition (whenever possible).
You may just purchase the equipment outright, or you may decide to keep it after your rental period, and apply 75% of your rental to the purchase price.
Would you like to purchase the equipment brand new? We have excellent pricing on equipment for all of the brands we represent. Just contact us for a quote.